Thank you for your interest in joining BEING Studio! We are currently looking for a Studio Facilitator and a Project Assistant to join our team!
BEING Studio invites applications from candidates for the following position: Project Assistant
BEING is looking for a Project Assistant to support several of our new online projects. These include our podcast SPEAK, our online magazine CLICK and (overseeing) the documentation of BEING studio’s archive.
This is a Part-time remote/work from home position, 3 days a week at $20.80/hr with a 10-month contract. Deadline for applications: Sep 13th, 2021
- Supporting communications between BEING studio and collaborators
- Scheduling, hosting, and attending meetings with creative partners and collaborators
- Sending and receiving contract documents
- Collaborating with the production team to build and track project timelines and workflows
- Researching potential new audiences for digital content and related initiatives from other organizations
- Working in collaboration with Director of Digital Engagement to research and implement social media/online promotion strategies
- Other tasks as needed
The ideal candidate is creative, enjoys working collaboratively and is connected to music and/or podcasting communities.
BEING is committed to equity and values diversity. We encourage applications from First Nations, Métis and Inuit persons; persons from the Black community, People of Colour, and people who identify as LGBTQ2S. Applications from disability-identified persons will be prioritized.
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to Rachel Gray firstname.lastname@example.org
BEING Studio invites applications from candidates for the following position: Studio Facilitator
$20.80 per hour
Part-time (up to 25 hours per week), 3-month contract with possibility of renewal. Job starts: September 15th. Deadline for applications: Sep 10th, 2021.
BEING is a not-for-profit organization dedicated to supporting the participation and professional practice of artists with developmental disabilities. BEING is reopening after an extended shutdown due to COVID 19 and we are looking for someone to join our team at the studio!
Reporting to the Program Director and working in close collaboration with the Studio team, Facilitators participate in co-creating a safe, responsive, and supportive environment for the artists at BEING. The role of the Facilitator is to empower creative exploration and community cohesion at BEING Studio by providing material, conceptual and emotional guidance as appropriate. As a member of BEING studio’s staff team, you may also occasionally be asked to participate in supporting fundraising activities, communications efforts, and other tasks as needed as you support virtual iterations of BEING’s programs.
This position is based in Ottawa, Ontario and the candidate must be available for in-studio facilitation. The ability to support BEING’s online program from home is also an asset.
- Ability to work Monday- Friday business hours.
- Some weekend work may be required.
Main tasks include:
- supporting artists as they create work in our newly renovated studio space.
- Collaboration with programming and facilitation team.
- Participating in team meetings and 1:1 meetings as required
- Other tasks as needed.
The ideal candidate:
- Arts related training with courses in fine arts, disability studies or related field.
- Strong interpersonal skills, preferably with some experience working on a team.
- Comfortable using digital collaboration platforms like Zoom, Microsoft Teams and other Microsoft tools.
- Knowledge of and experience within disability arts and culture is considered an asset.
BEING is strongly committed to equity and values diversity. We encourage applications from First Nations, Métis and Inuit persons; persons from the Black community, People of Colour, and people who identify as LGBTQ2S. Applications from disability-identified persons will be prioritized.
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to Karen McRae: email@example.com